Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Manipulating

I'm reading a book called "Submarine" by Joe Dunthorne at Barnes & Noble right now. I had to pause for a minute 1) because there's a couple of douchebags here that keep snickering loudly and 2) because there is a part in the novel where the main character is pretty much controlling his father. In a way...

Did you ever notice how manipulating we can be? I mean we can pretty much make our parents do anything for us when we compliment them or act all cute.

For example, today my sister and I had lunch with my mom. My sister told me about how she wants to go to a rave this weekend. I said, "whatever, you're nuts. Mom isnt gonna let you go."
So what she does is, she compliments my mom as she meets us at the cafe. And she says, "my friend say hi!"
My mom is flattered, she smiles.

Guess who's going to the rave this weekend?
My sister just smiles at me evilly.


I feel bad for my mom. What a rude thing to do. So I've decided that I won't ever manipulate my mom or dad. It's too much for me to handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment